This week in the Marketing Studio, host Ian Truscott and Rockstar CMO Strategy Advisor Jeff Clark are inspired by an article on the Forrester blog by Jessie Johnson, Principal Analyst at Forrester – Let’s Chat About B2B Personalization – so they did.
Ian then goes backstage with David Allison, a human values expert, global researcher and best-selling author.
As the founder of the Valuegraphics Project, the first global inventory of core human values, David has made values into a measurable business metric, a new kind of insight that helps organizations succeed in today’s Values Economy. David is focused on changing how we understand ourselves, the people around us, and those we hope to engage with our work.
David speaks internationally and helps big brands connect with people by honoring their values. INC Magazine named his last book one of the ten best leadership books of the year, and he has recently published his new book The Death of Demographics: Valuegraphic Marketing for a Values-Driven World.
Finally, Ian grabs a cocktail in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory, who shares a client example and advice on sticking with change.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- David Allison on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Let’s Chat About B2B Personalization by Jessie Johnson on the Forrester blog
- Ian’s post that inspired his connection with David – Demographics are Dead
- David Allison’s research company – Valuegraphics
- David’s books – We Are All the Same Age and The Death of Demographics – on his website
- The post on Linkedin where David refers to “data is the love language of organisations” and “no-one listens to poetry”
- Robert’s Experience Advisors Community
- Robert’s Newsletter on LinkedIn
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- More from Robert on the topic in the Content Marketing Institute blog
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Brick by Brick by the Artic Monkeys on YouTube
- Road of Resistance by Baby Metal at Glastonbury on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!