Inspired by a Forrester webinar – Predictions 2023: B2B Marketing – this week in the Marketing Studio, our host Ian Truscott chats with Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, and they discuss one of the predictions about spending less on technology.
Ian then goes backstage with a previous guest and his former boss Grant Johnson, the CMO of Emburse. Grant is a serial CMO who has held the top marketing job in several B2B companies, including Kofax, Pegasystems, SDL and Cylance. In this conversation, they pull an article from his new project, CMO Mentor, and Grant shares his 12 pitfalls for CMOs. You can learn more about Grant from when he first appeared on the show in episode 32.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar and get transported away with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, who shares a thought about where content lives in our organizations.
(If the website or podcast app syndicating this content doesn’t display the links – please visit: https://rockstarcmo.com, or find us at Spotify, Apple, and all good podcasting players that do and follow us there!)
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Grant Johnson on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Predictions 2023: B2B Marketing by Forrester
- Grant Johnson’s new project: CMO Mentor
- Experience Advisors Mastodon
- The Content Advisory Blog
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Don’t Stop by Fleetwood Mac on Spotify
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!