In the Marketing Studio it’s planning season, and Ian Truscott and regular guest rockstar strategy advisor Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester are inspired by a blog post from Forrester – Four Common Strategy Mistakes B2B Marketers Make and discuss the difference between planning and strategy.
Ian goes backstage with Joyce Yeung, Head of Marketing for 3D-printing start-up Seurat Technologies. As you’ll hear, Joyce enjoys partnering with high-growth companies and founders to build their audience and narrative. She is fascinated by the many ways start-ups can evolve into world-changers and believes that people plus passion equals everything.
Joyce gave us a wonderfully short bio, that is just a teaser to a splendid conversation, sharing insight into working with startups, and you need to hear her nomination for the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool, excellent advice.
Finally, we are transported away to the Rockstar virtual bar to join Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, for a cocktail and a contrasting story of two clients, with two different marketing technology challenges.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss, please let us know.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Joyce Yeung on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Four Common Strategy Mistakes B2B Marketers Make – article on The Forrester Blog
- Joyce’s company: Seurat Technologies.
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Heroes by Moby (planningtorock remix) – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!