This week in the Marketing Studio host Ian Truscott and Rockstar CMO Strategy Advisor Jeff Clark are inspired by a nomination for the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool from episode 131 by Andrew Davies – Chief Marketing Officer at Paddle. Andrew nominated “vendors creating categories”, and they discussed this from both the buyers and the vendor’s perspectives.
Ian then goes backstage with Rachel Miller, the Founder of Swayd and, who long time followers of our publication and podcast, might know as a B2B influencer marketing expert with 20 years of experience in marketing with expertise in social media marketing, content marketing, and influencer marketing.
As a data geek, Rachel has an essential skill in the fast-moving social media and influencer marketing space and her strategies have achieved global recognition working with well-known agencies and B2B technology vendors spanning enterprise to startup. She is also an adviser to many popular social business applications where she provides feature evaluations to support product innovation.
Rachel is a long-time friend of Rockstar CMO, and Ian and Rachel catch up, share her story, what she’s doing now in B2B influencer marketing, her advice for creating your own agency, and to continue to beware of the wackadoos.
Finally, Ian grabs a cocktail in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory, who, over a cocktail shares what he learned from using Dominos for the first time in 28 years.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Rachel Miller on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Rachel Miller on Winfluence
- Rachel’s article – Beware the Wackadoos
- Robert’s Experience Advisors Community
- Robert’s Newsletter on LinkedIn
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- More from Robert on the topic in the Content Marketing Institute blog
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- My Defintion of a Boombastic Jazz Style by Dream Warriers on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!