This week Ian Truscott stops by the Marketing Studio to join Rockstar CMO Strategy Advisor and former Forrester Research Director Jeff Clark as he shares seven steps for conducting a marketing capability gap analysis.
Ian then goes backstage with Riaz Kanani, the Founder and CEO of Radiate B2B who, as you’ll hear, has a habit and track record of building and scaling successful businesses, including creating one of the world’s largest video advertising networks and as DigitalOxygen building data-centric marketing campaigns before being acquired by Silverpop, a leader in B2B marketing automation, which he scaled internationally, positioning it for acquisition by IBM. Riaz has sat on the DMA email marketing council, has appeared on the BBC, was nominated for Entrepreneur of the Year in 2019 and was recognised in the Top 100 Asian Stars in UK Tech, and now he’s on Rockstar CMO FM!
Ian and Riaz discuss the challenges of B2B lead generation, the dark funnel, the opportunity for mid-market technology vendors, and his fascination with what we throw into the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool.
Finally, Ian grabs a cocktail in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory, who, over an unnamed cocktail (CEX in Cleveland?), he wonders if B2B marketing is becoming a bit inadvertently indifferent.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Riaz Kanani on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Radiate B2B
- The Dark Funnel – Riaz’s article on the Radiate B2B blog
- Gallup Employee Engagement Survey
- Robert’s article in his Content Marketing Institute column – When Did Your B2B Team Stop Caring
- Robert’s Experience Advisors Community
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Mind the Gap by Nabiha – on YouTube
- Aufstehn by Seeed – on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!