This week we are back in the Marketing Studio with Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO Strategic Advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, to discuss the temptation of product-based campaigns in B2B, how we should pivot to being customer focused and the implications on organization, goals and budget in doing that.
Ian then goes backstage with Leslie Semegran, CMO of the Veterneriary Emergency Group. Leslie joined VEG in 2019 after working in B2C and B2B Marketing for Care.com, Ladders and TheStreet.com. Leslie loves building the VEG brand, driving growth and telling the VEGgies’ stories. Leslie is from outside Philly, studied business and finance at the University of Michigan (go blue!) and joined us from her offices in New York. Ian and Leslie discuss her fabulous career, the perils of freelancing, and she shares a nomination for our portal to marketing hell, the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool, that we think we can all agree with.
Finally, Ian winds down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory and over a cocktail, they celebrate 150 episodes and delve into where we are with the maturity of Web 3.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Leslie Semegran on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn and at The Content Advisory
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- The Veterneriary Emergency Group
- Robert’s column for The Content Marketing Institute
- Robert’s Podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Lose Yourself by Eminem on Spotify
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!