This week in the Marketing Studio, our host Ian Truscott and Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO Strategic Advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, reboot the Rockstar CMO 5 F’in’ Marketing Fundamentals.
Ian then goes backstage with Shamir Duverseau, the Managing Director, Chief Strategist & Co-founder of Smart Panda Labs, a digital experience agency that helps B2C enterprise marketers navigate digital transformation to create experiences their customer’s demand. Prior to Smart Panda Labs, Shamir was the Senior Director of Digital Strategy and Services for Marriott International’s Vacation Club Division. And over his last 20 years, he has held various marketing leadership roles, overseeing everything from product management to digital strategy, across several industries, from travel to entertainment to technology, with brands like Southwest Airlines, The Walt Disney Company, and NBC Universal.
They discuss Shamir’s career, digital transformation, the importance of the CMO’s role in the customer experience, and another excellent nomination for the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool.
Finally, Ian winds down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory and over a cocktail, discusses the challenges and opportunities with customer data as we can depend less on cookies.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Shamir Duverseau on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn and at The Content Advisory
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Smart Panda Labs
- Robert’s column “Rose Colored Glasses” for The Content Marketing Institute
- Robert’s Podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- The Creator Has a Master Plan by Brooklyn Funk Essentials on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!