It’s groundhog day in the Marketing Studio this week, Ian Truscott and Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO Strategic Advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, talk about the recurring theme of marketing doing more with less.
Ian then goes backstage with Izzy House. With over 20 years of experience in public affairs, outreach, and marketing, Izzy is the author of two books on Space Marketing and is the host of the Space Marketing Podcast. With this extensive marketing background and three marketing degrees, she turns the lens of marketing onto the space industry, aiming to be a voice that helps guide businesses through the concepts of marketing to empower space companies and further their dreams of space exploration. They discuss Izzy’s career, her books and the challenges of marketing space projects.
Finally, Ian winds down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar, although he forgot to invite his regular companion, Robert Rose, so he sits alone and, over a cocktail, shares one of Robert’s stories, a cautionary tale of attribution if you are looking at trimming your budget.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Izzy House, on LinkedIn, Twitter and her website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- A book that inspired Izzy: Killing Marketing by Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi
- Izzy’s book – Space Marketing
- Robert’s Podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Shout by Tears for Fears on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!