This week Jeff Clark (our resident Rockstar CMO Strategic Advisor and former Research Director at Forrester) is back in the Marketing Studio. Following his conversation with Ian last week about OKRs, he takes us through his five principles for creating marketing goals and metrics.
Ian then goes backstage with Brittany Murphy, Marketing Director at One Thing Marketing, where she focuses on helping home service business owners get their phones to ring with new leads.
As you’ll hear in this fun conversation, Brittany grew up in the trades herself, and her team have found their niche, specialising in trade and home service businesses, perfecting a proven process and strategy for optimising clients’ websites and Google rankings. Through a combination of these strategies, her background in blue-collar, and her experienced team, Brittany has helped local businesses increase their revenue by at least 30% year after year. They discuss her career, her agency, how she developed the business (with a lot of coffee) and the value of finding your ideal customer and specialising as an agency.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory, who, over a cocktail, shares some advice on publishing your thought leadership.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Brittany Murphy on LinkedIn and her company One Thing Marketing
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Jeff Clark’s article on OKRs on the Rockstar CMO Street Knowledge Blog
- Brittany’s e-book – 9 Trade Service Marketing Strategies Proven to Increase Leads
- The Experience Advisors Community
- Robert’s Newsletter on LinkedIn
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighters on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!