This week Jeff Clark (our resident Rockstar CMO Strategic Advisor and former Research Director at Forrester) is back in the Marketing Studio, and Jeff and Ian discuss OKR (Objectives and Key Results), a methodology for aligning marketing with the business.
Ian then goes backstage with Yash Chavan, Founder of SARAL, a tool that makes finding, managing, and monetizing influencers simple for consumer brands. Yash is a marketer at heart but an engineer by training. After starting his career in sales, he started a marketing agency that helped many brands and software companies get to their first million in annual revenue. With SARAL, Yash has been exploring the world of influence-driven marketing and has worked with over 5000 influencers.
Ian and Yash discuss his career, entrepreneurship and the role of influence in the marketing mix for all companies, not just big consumer brands and how to engage smaller influencers.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory, who, over a cocktail, shares some advice on the importance of process and the mix of content people and process people.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Yash Chavan on LinkedIn, Twitter and his company SARAL
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Jeff Clark’s article on OKRs on the Rockstar CMO Street Knowledge Blog
- Steve Jobs article in Inc Magazine – Best Employees Focus on Content
- David Mitchell on Would I Lie to You and his philosophy on being noteworthy
- Robert’s Newsletter on LinkedIn
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Union by The Black Eyed Peas on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!