This week there is a bit of a measurement theme as Jeff Clark (our resident Rockstar CMO Strategic Advisor and former Research Director at Forrester) continues to dive into marketing metrics, sharing the next steps after you’ve developed your goals and OKRs and how to share those with your executive team in what he describes as “Selling Your Story of Success in Six Steps”.
Ian then goes backstage with Courtney Lindau, the Head of Practice for Web Analytics and Business Intelligence at Nimble Gravity, continuing with this metrics and insight theme.
The team at Nimble Gravity love solving hard problems and believes the right data can transform and propel growth for any organization. They work with companies ranging in size from startups to those with billions in revenue across varied industries such as endangered species protection, healthcare, DTC clothing, and more. And, as you’ll hear, Courtney’s expertise is in helping those companies track the right KPIs for their business to uncover actionable insights and tell a story from the data, with a strong strategic focus on best practices with Web Analytics.
Ian and Courtney talk about her career, the impact of content marketing from her time at Arrow Electronics, the impact of Google Analytics 4, where organizations should start with their analytics and a really good nomination for the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool.
Finally, we grab a cocktail in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory, who shares his client experience on balancing process and creativity.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Courtney Lindau on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Jeff Clark’s article on OKRs on the Rockstar CMO Street Knowledge Blog
- The agency Courtney works for – Nimble Gravity
- The Experience Advisors Community
- Robert’s Newsletter on LinkedIn
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Picture This by Blondie on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!