In the Marketing Studio this week, Ian Truscott and Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO Strategic Advisor and former Research Director at Forrester, guide us through the what, why and how of defining an Ideal Customer Profile (ICP).
Ian then goes backstage with Brandi Johnson, CEO of The Coupon Bureau. A fascinating non-profit tech platform that connects manufacturers, retailers, and consumers with the new Universal Digital Coupon. As you’ll hear, we get a startup CEO’s perspective on marketing, as Brandi has previously successfully led tech startups after running her agency. An enjoyable conversation about her company, marketing with coupons, her career, what a startup CEO expects from her marketing team and the wonderful Ted Rubin, a friend of Rockstar CMO who introduced Brandi to the podcast. (Thank you, Ted!).
Finally, in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar, Ian joins Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory, who is sheltering from a rare dark and stormy Californian snowstorm to chat about A.I. generated content and how maybe it would be better to learn one human trait, being forgetful!
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Brandi Johnson, on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Jeff’s article on The Rockstar CMO blog – Tune into Your Ideal Customer Profile
- Templates for ICP modelling on the Hubspot Blog
- ICP tutorial by TK Kader on YouTube
- The Coupon Bureau
- Ted Rubin, his website, his first appearance on Rockstar CMO and his articles
- Robert’s post on LinkedIn about the $100m comma
- Robert’s Newsletter on LinkedIn
- Robert chatting to Marketing AI expert Paul Roetzer on This Old Marketing
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- On Top of the World by Imagien Dragons on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Ready to rock?
Join hundreds of your peers and get your weekly fix of marketing street knowledge from the Rockstar CMO community.
Share this article