This week in the Rockstar CMO Marketing Studio, Jeff Clark, our resident strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester is inspired by a webinar by Lux Research, “The Hidden Meanings Shaping Consumer Interest in Sustainability“, with anthropologist Ujwal Arkalgud and talks about anthropology and feelings in marketing.
Ian Truscott goes backstage with a previous guest and his former boss Grant Johnson, who is a serial CMO, currently the CMO of Emburse, he’s held the top marketing job in a string of B2B companies, including Kofax, Pegasystems, SDL and Cylance.. You can learn more about Grant from when he first appeared on the show in episode 32, and this time around, they discuss the 5 C’s of being a CMO from his new project CMO Mentor.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar virtual bar to join Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, this week, Robert suggests we need a plan for our story, learn from Hollywood and get a showrunner to help bring that to our audience.
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
You can subscribe to this podcast on Apple, Spotify, Amazon and all good podcasting platforms – or visit https://rockstarcmo.com
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Grant Johnson on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Lux Research
- Hidden Meanings Shaping Consumer Interest in Sustainability” with anthropologist Ujwal Arkalgud
- Grant’s company: Emburse
- Grant’s 5 C’s of being a CMO from his new project CMO Mentor
- Drew Neisser’s interview on this show and his book, which describes the CATS Framework
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Fame by David Bowie on Spotify or YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!