This week, as we continue through marketing planning season, Ian Truscott and Jeff Clark, Rockstar CMO Advisor, and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester discuss planning a marketing budget, this time they focus on planing with a smaller budget and team.
As a fan of his work and his podcast, Ian is delighted to welcome Renegade Marketing’s Drew Neisser as the guest interview this week. They discuss his incredible career, founding his agency, his podcast Renegade Marketers Unite, the CMO Huddles community, his book “Renegade Marketing, 12 Steps to Building Unbeatable B2B Brands” and its inspiration from conversations with over 400 marketers. Oh and CATS, the acronym that guides his work (being Courageous, Artful, Thoughtful and Scientific).
Described by Inc as one of the “sharpest minds” in marketing, Drew is a sought after speaker, writer and strategist and has helped dozens of CMOs build unbeatable brands. Ranked among the top CMO influencers, Drew has been featured as a marketing expert on ABC News, CNBC, CBS Radio, and Tony Robbins’s podcast, among many others. Besides a regular column for Ad Age, he’s contributed articles to FastCompany, Forbes, MediaPost and Social Media Today – and now Rockstar CMO FM!
Then, we kick off the weekend in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar and join Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory who gives thanks for choices and he prepares for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Drew Neisser LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Renegade Marketing
- Drew’s podcast: Renegade Marketers Unite
- CMO Huddles
- Drew’s book: Renegade Marketing, 12 Steps to Building Unbeatable B2B Brands”
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Pat Benetar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot on Spotify
- Available on all your favorite platforms including Apple,
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article