This week in the Marketing Studio, our host Ian Truscott and Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester dive back into the big topic of personas. Now we’ve defined them from the last episode, Jeff steps through 5 steps to apply personas to content and campaigns.
Ian goes backstage with Robert Jordan, the co-founder of InterimExecs, an elite group of top executives who are experts at growing and fixing company after company. After founding and then selling the first Internet-coverage magazine in the world, Online Access, Robert began taking on interim CEO gigs. Multiple company sales and IPOs followed, and in 2007 he started an online network for interim executives from around the globe, expanding to 2,300 executives from 45 countries. Robert is also a best-selling author, publishing “How They Did It: Billion Dollar Insights from the Heart of America” and, as you’ll hear most recently “Right Leader Right Time: Discover Your Leadership Style for a Winning Career and Company”.
Ian and Robert discuss advice for having a fractional or interim career, the inspiration for writing his latest book and the four leadership styles he identifies in that book; Fixer, Artist, Builder, and Strategist (FABS) and which of these best suits a rock star CMO.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar and get transported away with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, for a marketing thought. This week, we discuss SEO and Content Marketing.
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
(if you can’t see them, please stop by https://rockstarcmo.com)
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Jordan on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Bob’s book website: Right Leader Right Time: Discover Your Leadership Style for a Winning Career and Company
- Find out what kind of leader you are – Bob’s Leadership Assessment
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Robert’s podcast – This Old Marketing
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Like to Get to Know You Well by Howard Jones on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Ready to rock?
Join hundreds of your peers and get your weekly fix of marketing street knowledge from the Rockstar CMO community.
Share this article