In the newly rebranded Marketing Studio, Ian Truscott and regular guest, rockstar strategy advisor Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, discuss the process of naming a brand, whether it’s a company, a product, or a new service that you offer.
Ian chats with Michelle Andersen, a marketing communications professional with a career spanning more than 20 years that started as a music publicist, working with Lawrence Welk-owned Vanguard Records, and evolved through working with consumer technology brands from the dawn of the internet, a stint in philanthropy, and now deep into the next iteration of technologies like IoT and Web3. As you’ll hear, her work and career have been led by her passions, almost always involving music and technology. Michelle recently joined NextTech Communications, a women-led agency born from The Bliss Group, as vice president.
And we wind down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, who transports us away with a cocktail to discuss how we are all exhausted, but need to raise the bar.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss, please let us know.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Michelle Andersen on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- How to Choose Your Brand Name in 5 Simple Steps by Katy French on Column Five Media
- NextTech Communications
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back – Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Firefly by The Black Angels – on Spotify
- Pride (In The Name of Love) by U2 – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!