This week Ian Truscott and regular guest, rockstar strategy advisor Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, discuss the difficult skill of knowing when to say no as a marketer.
Ian’s guest is Rebecca Biestman, the Chief Marketing Officer at Reputation. Rebecca has had a fabulous marketing career, holding B2B marketing leadership positions at Dialpad and RMS, prior to Reputation. Before moving to B2B tech, Rebecca specialized in B2C marketing for CPG and retail, working for Earth Essentials and Gap. This is her third time on the show, we explored Rebecca’s impressive career in Episode 93, discussed successful CSR programs in Episode 99 and this week we chat about the role of marketing and brand when defining the corporate strategy.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Rebecca Biestman on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter, LinkedIn, and The Content Advisory
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- The Hidden Brain podcast
- Article by Robert – on the Content Marketing Institute website – Is Purpose-Led Marketing a Growth Killer?
- Article from The Drum – P&G’s Marc Pritchard: ‘the industry has gone too far with purpose marketing’
- Marc Pritchard’s speech at Vivatech – Brands for Growth and Good
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisory
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Stienski & Mass Media – We’ll be right back on YouTube
- Shout by Tears for Fears on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!