In a packed episode in our first show of 2023, Seth Goldstein, the founder and Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media drops by with a prediction for the new year. We are back in the Marketing Studio with Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, who shares with our host Ian Truscott three new year’s resolutions for marketers, with advice to give some new year love to our customers.
Ian then goes backstage with Matt Bailey, the founder of Sitelogic, who teaches digital marketing to the world’s biggest brands and most prestigious universities. Matt has been doing the Digital Marketing thing since 1996, working at brands, agencies, and starting three companies, including SiteLogic in 2006, originally as a digital marketing services agency, but pivoted to training in 2015. Matt is now an in-demand trainer, working with clients that include: Microsoft, HP, Comcast, Target and Nationwide. And his digital marketing curriculum is used at several US universities, including Duke, Purdue and Rutgers, and you can find his courses on LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, Simplilearn, and Udacity. And if that wasn’t enough he’s the author of 3 books.
Ian and Matt discuss his career, the state of marketing education and what he’s learned from his podcast; The Endless Coffee Cup.
Finally, Ian winds down the year with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar for a cocktail, and he shares his word for 2023.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss, please let us know.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Seth Goldstein on LinkedIn and at Goldstein Media
- Matt Bailey on LinkedIn, Twitter and at SiteLogic
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn and at The Content Advisory
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Seth’s podcasts: Entrepreneur’s Enigma and Digital Marketing Dive
- Matt Bailey’s Endless Coffee Cup Podcast
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi: This Old Marketing
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
Here on Rockstar CMO:
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO Podcast
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- New Year’s Day by US – on Spotify
You can subscribe to the show on all podcasts platforms, including Apple, Spotify, Google, GoodPods and Amazon, just search for “rockstar cmo”
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!