This week in the Marketing Studio, our host Ian Truscott and Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester discuss the transition that technology companies need to make when they grow beyond selling to their network to needing a sales and marketing function and how they should approach that step.
Ian goes backstage with someone very familiar to the Rockstar CMO community, Cathy McKnight, Chief Solver of Problems at The Content Advisory to discuss her podcast, Uncharted Journeys, which celebrates successful women, where Cathy asks each of them six questions about their careers and life, revealing some inspiring stories. Ian turns the table on Cathy and asks her those same questions.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar and get transported away with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory for a marketing thought. This week, over a cocktail, Robert is a bit bah humbug about Halloween and discusses the problem with content that is just an “info dump”.
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
The Links (if you can’t see them, please stop by https://rockstarcmo.com)
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Cathy McKnight on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Cathy’s podcast: Uncharted Journeys
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Courage – by The Tragically Hip – on Spotify
- Step It Up by Stereo MC’s on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!