This week our host Ian Truscott finds Jeff Clark, our resident strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, by the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool, our portal to hell for all the bullshit, over-hyped trends and snake oil that plague the industry we love. Each week our guest makes a nomination for the pool, and Jeff is inspired by Liz High’s nomination from episode 133; personalization – should it stay in the pool, or should we fish it out?
We then go backstage with Todd Irwin, Chief Strategy Officer and Founder of New York-based brand strategy and creative agency Fazer. Todd has developed a compelling methodology that delivers business-to-brand strategic alignment that positions companies more competitively in their market. Todd brings over 30 years of brand strategy experience, helping big brands such as Coca-Cola, Nikon, Verizon, Walmart, Pepsi, Ann Taylor, Macy’s, Olive Garden, and The New York Times, as well as a host of SMBs and early-stage funded growth companies. Todd shares his secret sauce and approach to branding in this entertaining conversation.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar virtual bar to join Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, this week, Robert starts the Halloween holiday with a cocktail and the scary story that is marketing technology.
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
The Links (if you can’t see them please stop by https://rockstarcmo.com)
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Todd Irwin on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Interview with Liz High in episode 133
- Todd’s agency – Fazer
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Complicated by Avril Lavigne on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!