This week in the Rockstar CMO Marketing Studio, Jeff Clark, inspired by an article by our chum Forrester’s Simon Daniels, gives a primer on Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), discussing why organizations need one and some advice on implementing a CDP strategy and tools.
Ian Truscott then goes backstage with Liz High an insight ninja, marketing strategist and author. Liz has worked with virtually every industry on both the client and agency side, using data-driven insight to help shape content, campaigns and brand value. Her clients have included everyone from tech giants Microsoft, Dell and Amazon, to entertainment heavyweight HBO. Her passion and consulting practice is focused on supporting startup and growth FinTechs, banks and credit unions to innovate, embrace brand thinking, and tell resonant stories that drive growth. Based in Seattle, Liz is a lover of the PNW, dogs, Chelsea FC, G&T and wine (not necessarily in that order) and they discuss Liz’s new book – Think Like a Brand Not a Bank.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar virtual bar to join Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, this week, due to Ian being unable to press the right buttons in Outlook, we dip into the archive and share a great conversation from Episode 28, where Robert discusses buyers needs.
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Liz High on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Simon Daniels – Customer Data Platforms Buy or Build
- Liz High’s book – on the web: Think Like a Brand Not a Bank and on Twitter: @Brand_B4_Bank
- Rockstar CMO FM – Episode 63 with Misia Tramp
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Put my To Work by Big Data – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Ready to rock?
Join hundreds of your peers and get your weekly fix of marketing street knowledge from the Rockstar CMO community.
Share this article