This week Jeff Clark, our resident strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, shares his seven lessons for purchasing marketing technology with Ian Truscott in the Rockstar CMO Marketing Studio, as everything that glitters ain’t martech gold.
Ian then goes backstage with Max Koziolek, the founder and CEO of the Berlin-based startup Spectrm a conversational marketing platform that powers many of the world’s leading chatbots. Marketing teams from disruptors to Fortune 100 companies rely on Spectrm’s platform, conversational AI and customer success to design experiences for their customers. Ian and Max explore what conversational marketing is, why brands need to care, some research that Spectrm have recently published and how this can be applied to B2B.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar virtual bar to join Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, this week, Robert discusses the relationship between marketing and the rest of the business and gives some advice on turning marketing stakeholders into investors.
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Max Koziolek on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Jeff’s article: Beware the Martech Industrial Complex
- Spectrm conversational marketing platform
- Research published by Spectrm: The State of B2C Conversational Marketing
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Gold by Prince on Spotify or YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!