In the Marketing Studio, Ian Truscott and regular guest rockstar strategy advisor Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester discuss investing in our teams and marketing enablement.
Ian goes backstage with accomplished marketing and communications professional Irene Nehrkorn-Kayn. If you are a frequent listener, you’ll have heard of Irene as we often mention her as she sends us suggestions and feedback, but what you may not know is that Dusseldorf-based Irene is a dynamic, creative, and goal-oriented international marketing professional with over 15 years of management/leadership experience in business development, marketing, and communications. Irene’s particular expertise is B2B marketing, working with mid-market, international matrix organizations and tech start-ups, where she combines strategic planning and thought leadership with decisive execution to drive growth and competitive advantage.
Irene has recently written two straight-talking articles on the trouble with CMOs for our Marketing Street Knowledge blog, and Ian and Irene discuss the points she makes about trust between the CEO and the CMO, 5 CEO no-goes and whether senior marketers need to sell marketing and moderate their language in the C suite.
Finally, we are transported away to the Rockstar virtual bar to join Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory. This week, over a cocktail, he suggests how you execute your content marketing could be a differentiator, not just the content you publish.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss, please let us know.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Irene Nehrkorn-Kayn on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- The Trouble with CMOs (Part 1) – Irene Nehrkorn-Kayn
- The Trouble with CMOs (Part2) – Trust Me, I’m a Chef – Irene Nehrkorn-Kayn
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Learn to Fly by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!