As regular guest Jeff Clark is away this week, Ian Truscott is joined by Cathy McKnight, VP of Strategy and Consulting and Chief Solver of Problems with The Content Advisory. They discuss a presentation Cathy gave at the recent Content Tech event and how we need to consider breaking up with our website and taking a content-first approach to our storytelling.
Ian’s guest this week is Kurt Genden, the co-founder and managing partner of the full-funnel growth marketing firm TrueVoice, translating the “true voice” of their customers into a meaningful, targeted full-funnel marketing strategy that transforms marketing into an engine for growth. Part marketer, part data scientist and part digital anthropologist, Kurt is a seasoned executive with more than three decades of analytical, technical and management expertise. Prior to co-founding TrueVoice, Kurt served in executive planning roles at several global agencies, including Omnicom, Interpublic Group and Edelman.
Finally, we retire to the Rockstar CMO virtual bar, where Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, transports us away to discuss the sexy business of doing a content audit.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Cathy McKnight on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Kurt Genden on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Content Tech
- Cathy’s podcast: Unchartered Journeys
- The 4 C’s Formula: Your building blocks of growth on GoodReads
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert & Cathy’s latest project: Experience Advisory
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!