After suggesting in last week’s show that we might take a week off, but we’ve changed our minds!
In this slightly shorter episode Ian Truscott catches up with Jeff Clark, Rockstar CMO Advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester to discuss Corporate Social Responsibility and how to avoid appearing to be greenwashing and trying to look cool with the millennials – spoiler alert – you just got to do the work.
Ian has been to Amsterdam, and he shares what he learned at The Next Web Conference, a huge European marketing and technology event, where he joined Stephan Grad, Strategy Director at global agency Overdose, and Dominik Angerer, CEO of Headless CMS vendor Storyblok for a panel discussion moderated by Louise Doorn, an experienced CMO and now leading HelloMaaS, a Marketing as a Service agency in the Netherlands.
The discussion was about the role of the CMO, their relationship with the CEO, and of course, marketing technology and Louise asked us to share some f**k ups they’d seen along the way.
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- AWS has their own Power & Utility group – and Carbon Lighthouse
- The Global Reporting Initiative
- NYU Stern School on Social Responsibility
- The Next Web
- Scott Brinker – ChiefMartec
- Rockstar CMO Episode 65 – with Richard Medcalf
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- The wonderful Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Sheryl Crow – Soak up the Sun – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!