This week, Ian goes backstage with David Alexander, the Chief Marketing Officer at Everbridge, leading the global strategy and vision for the brand and the go-to-market motions for the company’s market-leading critical event management and national public warning software solutions.
As you’ll hear, David has over two decades of experience in leading marketing and sales teams for some of the world’s most innovative technology companies, including Microsoft, SAP Concur, F5, and now Everbridge and is passionate about building and leading ground-breaking, purpose-driven teams that focus on innovation.
David is also an Executive Professor of Marketing in Technology at Texas A&M University, where he shares his insights and expertise with students who aspire to pursue careers in technology.
They discuss his career, what inspired him to choose marketing, his advice on building teams, his work with his students and his excellent suggestion for our portal to marketing hell, the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool.
Following that splendid conversation, we wind down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, to discuss what’s on his marketing mind over a cocktail, and this week it’s rules and metrics.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Threads
- David Alexander on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn and Threads
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Texas A&M University
- User Testing product David recommends
- Robert’s company: The Content Advisory
- Robert’s book website: Content Marketing Strategy
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a Creative Commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Planet Caravan by Pantera on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!