In this week’s episode, Ian Truscott joins Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, to discuss the five challenges for content management, how they haven’t changed in a couple of decades, but with more channels and more demand have become more relevant for organizations.
Ian then winds down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar and gets transported away with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, who, over a cocktail, discusses borrowing content, why that’s a good idea and how to add your own spin on your competitor’s ideas. Or as Mark Twain said:
“There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope”
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a Creative Commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Once in Lifetime by Talking Heads on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!