In this week’s episode, Ian Truscott asks Jeff Clark, our resident Rockstar CMO strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, for some advice on budgeting, and Jeff shares his 5 F’in Fundamentals of Good Budget Planning.
Ian then winds down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar and gets transported away with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, who, over a cocktail, discusses the idea of being controversial in your content as a way to differentiate. Should you? And can being controversial help you find your audience?
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Robert’s matrix of “Where Does Your Content Marketing Fit” is in this article on his Rose Colored Glasses blog.
- Robert’s company: The Content Advisory
- Robert’s book, with a special deal available on Kogan Page
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a Creative Commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Once in Lifetime by Talking Heads on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!