This week Jeff has a week off, and Ian is joined by Matthew Woodget, the business storytelling guy, for his third appearance on the show.
Matthew is a technologist, marketer, and storyteller whose marketing pedigree spans over 20 years. And, as you’ll hear, he’s an author, and he heads up Go Narrative, where he helps marketers and entrepreneurs reduce frustration, increase reach and drive growth using story structures.
On this visit to the Rockstar CMO studio, Matthew shares his Business Story Type Assessment, discusses his book, the challenges of client discovery and the common story types all of our businesses have.
And then we wind down the week with Robert Rose in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar, and over a cocktail he shares a marketing thought about content strategy and some interesting research into content marketing careers. And his new book and website, Content Marketing Strategy.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Matthew Woodget on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Matthew’s agency Go Narrative
- Storytelling for Action Playbook
- Business Story Type Assessment
- Robert’s book and new website: Content Marketing Strategy.
- The Content Advisory
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Figure it Out by Royal Blood – on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!