A long play 12″ extended version this week as we close out 2022 with a big year-end show.
As regular guest Jeff Clark enjoys his holiday, Ian Truscott catches up with Jason Falls, who we first met in episode 95, almost exactly a year ago in the first show of 2022. Jason is an award-winning strategist and widely read industry pundit, the author of 3 books, including Winfluence and has a podcast of the same name and has been recognised as a top influencer in influence marketing, social media marketing and technology by Forbes, Entrepreneur, Advertising Age and others.
Recently Jason founded the Marketing Podcast Network, and as you’ll hear, he has been recently appointed as Executive Vice-President, Marketing at CIPIO – and he shares his take on influence marketing, a prediction for 2023 and whether he stands by chucking the metaverse into our portal to marketing hell, the Rockstar CMO swimming pool.
Speaking of influence, Ian then goes backstage with Beth Torrie, the founder of Torrie Communications, who provide software and services companies with experienced and expert analyst relations strategy and support. And, as you’ll hear, she is for us, and a lot of people we know, the go-to analyst’s relations expert, with her two-decade career that has spanned marketing, PR and analysts relationships for vendors that have been in the top right quadrant for their category, like FatWire (now Oracle), OpenText and Sitecore.
Beth shares a bit about her background, insight into analysts’ relations, where to start for new vendors, and starting her own podcast The Bendy Show, with Wendy Shlensky. And finally, we are pretty sure you’ll disagree with Beth’s nomination for the Rockstar CMO swimming pool, but listen up, it could make you laugh!
Happy New Year! We hope you’ll join us again in 2023.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jason Falls on Twitter, LinkedIn and his website
- Beth Torrie on LinkedIn and at Torrie Communications
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn and at The Content Advisory
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Winfluence – Reframing Influencer Marketing to Ignite Your Brand by Jason Falls
- Jason’s podcast Winfluence
- The Marketing Podcast Network
- CIPIO – The Community Commerce Marketing platform
- Beth’s podcast The Bendy Show
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi – This Old Marketing
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!