This week Ian Truscott and regular guest, rockstar strategy advisor Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester take a dip into the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool to review some of the nominations from our guests for our portal to hell for all the BS, snake oil and overhyped trends that plague this industry we love. Should we be fishing out ABM that Kerry Cunningham and Chris Lynch nominated in episode 105 and 102?
Ian’s guest this week is Lori Jones, the president and CEO of Avocet Communications has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of marketing, advertising, PR, and social media bringing her strong understanding of today’s consumer and the marketplace and an attitude of resisting “business as usual” thinking to local and well-known brands.
We discuss running her agency, which her father founded in 1980, the changes that she has seen in terms of the value agencies provide, managing agency relationships and her mantra of constantly learning based on advice that she feels is a gift from her father.
Finally, Ian winds down the week with his content marketing guru, Robert Rose, the Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar, where, over a cocktail, they ponder whether we should date our content and is this the secret to making it evergreen.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Lori Jones on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Discussing AMB with Kerry Cunnigham in Episode 105 and Chris Lynch in Episode 102
- Lori Jones’ agency: Avocet Communications
- The Integrate & Insight Podcast
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s article on Content Marketing Institute To Date or Not to Date
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi – This Old Marketing
- Dennis Shiao on Twitter and his Content Corner Newsletter
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Stienski & Mass Media – We’ll be right back on YouTube
- Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!