This week our host Ian Truscott and Jeff Clark Rockstar CMO Strategy Advisor and former Forrester Research Director are by the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool, to discuss five candidates for our portal to marketing hell, nominated by our podcast guests. Find out which one Jeff fishes out to dry off in the sun and which ones he decides are doomed.
Ian then goes backstage with Sarah Kimmel, VP of Research at Simpler Media Group, where she leads the CMSWire INSIGHTS and Reworked INSIGHTS research, covering a wide range of topics, including customer experience, marketing leadership, employee experience and modern HR leadership. Sarah has 20+ years of experience in original research across a broad range of technology, HR and Learning and development topics.
And her latest research is a new report from CMSWire, The State of the CMO – Insights from the 2023 Annual Chief Marketing Officer Survey. Ian and Sarah chat about her research career and its importance to marketers. And in the first of two interviews on this topic, dive into some of the findings from the CMSWire report, which is based on a survey of more than 700 current marketing leaders and nearly 300 aspiring marketing leaders across a broad sample of industries and company sizes.
Finally, Ian grabs a cocktail in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory. He shares his process for demonstrating brand value on the metrics our C-suites all care about.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Sarah Kimmel on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on LinkedIn, Twitter and his website
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- The Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool
- The State of the CMO – Insights from the 2023 Annual Chief Marketing Officer Survey
- Robert’s article in his Content Marketing Institute column – 3 Ways To Know If Brand Awareness Gets Your Marketing on Base
- Robert’s Experience Advisors Community
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi This Old Marketing
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Jump in the Pool by Friendly Fires – on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!