In the Marketing Studio, Ian Truscott and regular guest rockstar strategy advisor Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, discuss an article in The Media Leader that claims marketing is facing a talent crisis, and they examine why that might be and what marketing leaders need to do to solve it.
Ian goes backstage with an extremely busy marketing leader, Katelyn Sorensen, President of B2B Social at Traject and CEO of social media platforms Loomly and Sendible, managing international teams having recently relocated to the UK. As you’ll hear, Katelyn has had a splendid career, spanning sales and marketing, quickly working through the ranks to Director of Demand Generation for Fierce Inc., a global leadership development and training company, before joining Traject to lead sales and marketing. Katelyn studied psychology and graduated with a cum laude from Whitman College.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss, please let us know.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Katelyn Sorensen on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Poor training, no purpose: why marketing faces ‘worst-ever’ talent crisis – article on The Media Leader
- Why Marketers Need the Marketing Fundamentals – Jeff Clark on Rockstar CMO
- Katelyn’s companies – Traject, Loomly and Sendible
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s latest project: Experience Advisors
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Adult Education by Daryl Hall & John Oates – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Ready to rock?
Join hundreds of your peers and get your weekly fix of marketing street knowledge from the Rockstar CMO community.
Share this article