Like the legendary DJ Deadmau5, our anonymous advertiser dons a mask. By day he is the leader of an international creative agency, but once a month he drops by the Rockstar CMO penthouse to say it like it is. For this issue, as the year turns and the decade ends, he has some new year’s resolutions for his peers
To start the new year here is the New Year Resolutions every Ad Agency CEO should have…
1. Stop being a twat! Stop thinking you know everything and have all the answers and stop micromanaging. If you do feel you have to manage this way, then your leadership team suck, so fire them and hire a capable team you trust and let them do the job you’re paying them to do.
2. Stop promoting a cry baby culture and pandering to the pathetic childlike needs of your creative teams. They do a tough job like everyone else. So, if they are not playing nicely in the sandpit, or they don’t like how someone said that the work wasn’t good enough, fire them.
3. Stop the ad agency nepotistic approach to hiring talent. Perhaps hiring people from other industries and with alternative backgrounds might just open up your company and enable it to do better work.
4. Do at least one philanthropic thing as a company this year. Perhaps a campaign for a charity or have the whole company volunteer for a good cause, something positive for the world.
5. Focus less on profit and more on the wellbeing of your workforce. After all, without them you’re nothing.
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!