‘Tis the night before Christmas, and like many good things, this episode starts and ends in the bar – The Rockstar CMO Virtual Bar.
This podcast started as a lockdown project, and over the last 85 or so episodes, Robert Rose has joined Ian Truscott in the Rockstar CMO Virtual Bar to help us escape. While sharing a cocktail each week, he’s transported us to somewhere exotic (and Wales) for a marketing thought. But, who is this guy that has inspired us to drink quite so much gin?
Robert Rose is a sought-after consultant, best-selling author, keynote speaker, and one of the world’s most recognized digital content strategy and marketing experts. Robert is the author of three best-selling books, including Killing Marketing, Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing, and Managing Content Marketing.
For more than 10 years, Robert and his firm The ContentAdvisory have worked with more than 500 companies, including 15 of the Fortune 100. He has provided strategic marketing advice and counsel for global brands such as Facebook, Salesforce, NASA, CVS Health, McCormick Spices, Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
In this special holiday episode, Robert shares his favorite cocktail (which might surprise you), discuss Roberts career, what has inspired him, books, the story of content marketing and what he would throw into the Rockstar CMO swimming pool. Finally, we drop the track that gets his marketing mojo working.
Mentioned in this week’s episode
- Marketing Myopia by Theodore Levitt (on Goodreads)
- Different by Youngme Moon (on Goodreads)
- Rita Gunther McGrath
- Robert’s books
- Robert’s Content Advisory Blog
- This Old Marketing podcast
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Bad Man’s Song – Tears for Fears on Spotify
- Show notes: Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Subscribe – We are available on all your favorite platforms, including Appleand Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article