This week in the Marketing Studio, our host Ian Truscott in the spirit of the holidays, asks Jeff Clark our resident Rockstar CMO strategic advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, if he would give thanks or no thanks to a bunch of marketing topics that have come up on the show recently.
Ian then goes backstage with Alisa Groocock, who, as you’ll hear, has had a fantastic career as a marketing leader and analyst, most recently as Senior Vice President at Agent3, and before that as a VP, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, where Alisa was responsible for helping hundreds of companies to build, execute and optimize their Account Based Marketing strategies. Prior to Forrester, Alisa spent over 20 years on the client side in field marketing roles at HP, Cisco and Informatica, where she worked closely with Sales to execute key account programs.
They discuss Alisa’s career, ABM (Account Based Marketing) and if it’s still the hot thing for B2B marketers, her latest thoughts on what’s next, and she has a great nomination for our portal to marketing hell, the Rockstar CMO Swimming pool.
Finally, we wind down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar and get transported away with Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, for a Thanksgiving cocktail and a chat about putting the story in all of your content, however mundane.
Please get in touch if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the topics we discuss.
(if you can’t see them, please stop by https://rockstarcmo.com)
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Alisa Groocock on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
As mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Writing Is Writing, Right? Not If You Want To Keep Your Content Creation Team
- How a Spoonful of Story Helps Even ‘Boring’ Content Go Down
- Robert’s links
- Experience Advisors Mastodon
- The Content Advisory Blog
- Experience Advisors
- Podcast: This Old Marketing
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- We’ll be right back by Stienski & Mass Media – on YouTube
- Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) by Sly & The Family Stone on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!