This week Ian Truscott and regular guest Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester and sought after marketing strategy advisor, return to the first F’in’ Marketing fundamental, branding. Taking inspiration from one of Jeff’s favorite books Eating the Big Fish by Adam Morgan they dive into being a challenger brand and the eight credos described in the book.
In a change to the normal format, as Ian’s guest couldn’t make it, he shares three marketing thoughts from his week, inspired by:
- An episode of Douglass Burdett’s Marketing Book Podcast when he spoke to Nicholas Webb about his book – What Customers Hate
- A webinar with Mark Ritson in which he talks about doing the swivel, taking a 180-degree turn to look from a customer’s perspective
- A chat fellow Marketing Podcast Network member Nick Westergaard had with former American speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno on his On Brand podcast
Ian then winds down the week with his content marketing guru, Robert Rose, the Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory. Over a cocktail, Robert talks about balancing getting tactical things done and finding time to do strategic planning.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Douglass Burdett’s Marketing Book Podcast
- Mark Ritson Webinar (registration required)
- Nick Westergaard chats to Apolo Anton Ohno on his On Brand podcast.
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi – This Old Marketing
- Robert’s new series on YouTube with the Content Marketing Institute
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Stienski & Mass Media – We’ll be right back on YouTube
- Sledgehammer – Peter Gabriel – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article