This week Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester and Rockstar CMO Advisor, returns to discuss defining brand purpose and specifically the hackneyed term “innovative”.
We’ve been saying at the end of the last few episodes that next week our guest will be Julia Bennett, the brand new CMO of global law firm Brown Rudnick. Well, finally schedules were aligned, the technology worked and Ian Truscott got to chat with her.
As the Chief Marketing Officer, Julia Bennett leads Brown Rudnick’s business development, marketing, public relations, and communications strategy and initiatives for the Firm’s offices worldwide. Julia is a trained lawyer and before joining Brown Rudnick, Julia was the Senior Director of Business Development at a major law firm, overseeing the business development and sales enablement, client expansion, research, and competitive intelligence teams.
Julia shares advice for new CMOs and, having joined the firm during a pandemic, how she was hired remotely, and some thoughts for team leaders entering an organization that is geographically dispersed, with her teams across the US and Europe.
This week, our visit to the Rockstar CMO virtual bar finds Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, and his content marketing tip this week is inspired by a trip to the dentist’s chair.
Hope you enjoy this episode, here are all the links:
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Julia Bennett on LinkedIn
- Robert Rose on Twitter, LinkedIn, and The Content Advisory
Mentioned in this weeks episode:
- Cathy Miller’s article 25 Overused Business Words
- The article featuring Julia in the American Lawyer
- Julia’s firm Brown Rudnick
- Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose: This Old Marketing podcast
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
The wonderful Piano Music is by Johnny Easton is shared under a creative commons license.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!