This week our host Ian Truscott and Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester and sought after marketing strategy advisor kick off a new series discussing five f’in’ marketing fundamentals, and along the way flog marketing music analogies pretty much to death.
Ian interviews Chris Lynch, the Chief Marketing Officer at Sales Readiness Platform, Mindtickle. Chris oversees all global marketing functions, including product marketing, demand gen, brand, and creative. As you’ll hear he has deep experience in product positioning and messaging, go-to-market strategies, and the alignment of marketing with sales objectives. Before MindTickle, Chris was the CMO at the direct-to-consumer apparel brand KUIU, where he built a team focused on data-driven strategies and customer engagement, was the CMO at Cision, where he led a global team and pioneered a new approach to messaging and campaign development, culminating in Cision’s IPO. And prior to that, Chris had senior marketing roles at Oracle, Badgeville, Tibco and Socialtext.
Besides learning about Chris’s career, what inspired him to become a marketer from his background as a journalist, we learn about sales readiness and enablement and Chris nominates a popular choice for our portal to marketing hell that is the Rockstar CMO swimming pool.
Ian then winds down the week, with his content marketing guru, Robert Rose who is the Chief Trouble Maker at the Content Advisory and was once described as a likeable Mark Ritson. Over a cocktail, Robert shares a thought about a wicked problem.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Chris Lynch on Linkedin and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Modern Product Marketers Roadies or Rockstars?
- Mindtickle on the web, Twitter and LinkedIn
- The Mindtickle Podcast
- Article by Chris Lynch on BuiltIn: How to Align Your Marketing Content With Sales Needs.
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi – This Old Marketing
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Stienski & Mass Media – We’ll be right back on YouTube
- The Fundamental Things by Bonnie Raitt on Spotify
Previous episodes, show notes and transcripts are on Rockstar CMO FMand the podcast is available on all your favorite platforms, including Apple and Spotify.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!