This week, it’s peak predictions season, and Jeff Clark, Rockstar CMO Advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, returns to discuss what his colleagues in the analyst community are predicting as he and Ian Truscott discuss Gartner’s Top 10 Predictions for 2022 and Beyond.
This week’s guest is Melissa Sargeant, the CMO at Litmus. Melissa shares her story from a fantastic marketing career, her view of email marketing, and working with peer CMO communities as a founding member of Drew Neisser’s CMO Huddles, which we discussed on the podcast with Drew two weeks ago.
Melissa has a fabulous 30-year marketing career in the tech sector, applying her expertise in SaaS go-to-market strategy and execution, customer success, digital demand generation, and branding. Before Litmus, Melissa was the CMO at SugarCRM and e-commerce innovator ChannelAdvisor (ECOM) and has held senior roles with companies like Avalara, CA Technologies, Digitalsmiths (TiVo), Bluefire Security Technologies, and Guardent (VeriSign).
Finally, we wind down for the weekend with Robert Rose, Chief Troublemaker at The Content Advisory in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar where planning is the topic over a cocktail and we raise a glass to 300 episodes of This Old Marketing, his podcast with Joe Pulizzi.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Melissa Sargeant on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this week’s episode:
- Gartner’s Top 10 Predictions for 2022 and Beyond
- Litmus email marketing made better
- Drew Neisser’s CMO Huddles
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- This Old Marketing podcast
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- We are available on all your favorite platforms including Apple and Spotify
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!