This week, in a change to the usual setlist; Ian Truscott and regular guest, Jeff Clark, rockstar strategy advisor and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester are joined by Simon Daniels a friend of the show, previous guest, marketing operations leader and co-host of the podcast What’s MOps Got To Do With It and they discuss all things marketing operations (which you may recall is our 5th F’in’ Marketing Fundamental) from defining its role, aligning with the business, the skills needed and what a CMO should not be asking their MOps team to do.
And it wouldn’t be Friday without Ian winding down the week with his content marketing guru, Robert Rose, the Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar, where, over a cocktail, they ponder Elon Musk buying Twitter, how he’s decided he no longer wants to rent that land and what this means for the rest of us.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Simon Daniels on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
- What’s MOPS Got to Do With It with Simon Daniels & Karla Wentworth
- Simon on Episode 37
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi – This Old Marketing
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Stienski & Mass Media – We’ll be right back on YouTube
- Operation Blade (Bass In The Place) by Public Domain – on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!