This week Ian Truscott and regular guest, rockstar strategy advisor Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, discuss 5 soft spots when implementing marketing technology, with something special when Jeff chooses this week’s tune.
Ian’s guest this week is Melissa Moody, Co-founder and Head of Marketing at Gated, a high-growth startup that reduces unwanted emails in your inbox and benefits charities. Melissa is a relentless advocate for user-first marketing and giving everyone the ability to focus, in an increasingly distracted world. Prior to Gated, Melissa spent 13 years at Google leading industry marketing and mobile web partnerships for some of the world’s largest travel companies. Ian and Melissa talk about the Gated product that launched in March, her inspiration to choose marketing over teaching, her time at Google, and she has a fantastic nomination for the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool.
Finally, Ian winds down the week in the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with Robert Rose, the Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory and we are whisked away for a cocktail as Robert shares his take on finding your company why.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Melissa Moody on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- The revamped Rockstar CMO blog
- Beware the Marketing Technology Industrial Complex
- The Gated website
- Melissa and Gated on TikTok – FindYourFocus
- Melissa at the Bay Area Content Marketing Meetup on Youtube
- Robert’s The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert’s podcast with Joe Pulizzi – This Old Marketing
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Stienski & Mass Media – We’ll be right back on YouTube
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoicesShare this article
Get In Touch
If you are looking for more marketing street knowledge and would like to setup an advisory, or have any feedback, get in touch!