This week Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester and Rockstar CMO Advisor, returns and turns the brand purpose discussion on its head as we discuss turning a purpose into a brand.
Our guest this week is award-winning marketer Margie Agin who helps B2B technology companies discover what makes them unique and find the words to say it. She is the founder and chief strategist of Centerboard Marketing, a marketing agency based in the Washington, DC area, and as you’ll hear author of Brand Breakthrough: How to Go Beyond a Catchy Tagline to Build an Authentic, Influential and Sustainable Brand Personality.
Before founding Centerboard Marketing, Margie led demand generation efforts for the education technology company Blackboard and digital marketing for video conferencing leaders Tandberg and Cisco. She also taught content marketing and web writing at Johns Hopkins University.
This week, our visit to the Rockstar CMO virtual bar finds Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, and over a fancy cocktail, we discuss whether best practice really is best and maybe you should consider doing it the way you've always done it. Or… maybe not.
Hope you enjoy this episode, here are all the links:
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Margie Agin on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Centerboard Marketing
- Robert Rose on Twitter, LinkedIn, and The Content Advisory
- Host: Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
Mentioned in this weeks episode:
- Margie Agin's book: Brand Breakthrough: How to Go Beyond a Catchy Tagline to Build an Authentic, Influential, and Sustainable Brand Personality
- The latest insight from Robert Rose on The Content Advisory blog
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
The wonderful Piano Music is by Johnny Easton is shared under a creative commons license.Share this article