This week, in our ongoing 'Privacy: The Marketers Dilemma' segment, I chat with Jeff Clark, Rockstar CMO Advisor, and former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester about how brands need to earn trust with consumers who are increasingly savvy and cynical about sharing their data.
For this week's interview, we stick with the Forrester alumni as Julie Ogilvie is former VP Principal Analyst for Forrester Research and we discuss Marketing Metrics: The Drunkard’s Search and how marketing today has become so dependent on data.
Julie's career in marketing has spanned three decades and innumerable business trends and transformations. She’s an unapologetic generalist, having worked in communications, brand, events, content, and digital marketing roles in both b2b and consumer businesses. She was a part of the marketing team that launched the wildly popular Iomega Zip Drive in the mid-90s, spent eight years as the VP of corporate marketing for e-learning leader SkillSoft, before finishing her career at Forrester Research.
Hope you enjoy this episode, and, please visit these links:
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Julie Ogilvie on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter and LinkedIn
Mentioned in this weeks episode:
- Julie's article: Marketing Metrics: The Drunkard’s Search
- The Tyranny of Metrics by Jerry Z. Muller
- Julie's website: Chubby Couple Media
- Andy Raskin: The Greatest Sales Deck I've Ever Seen
- The Content Advisory
- Robert Rose at The Content Marketing Institute
- The #FridayConcoction
- The Beat Newsletter
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
The wonderful Piano Music is by Johnny Easton shared under a creative commons license.Share this article