In this week's episode, Ian Truscott, B2B marketing leader and editor of Rockstar CMO ponders whether a marketing trend or technique is a “One hit wonder or Wonderwall” with Jeff Clark, he chats with business and success coach Caroline Kay and again retires to the Rockstar CMO virtual bar with content marketing guru Robert Rose.
We kick off this week's packed setlist with a discussion with Rockstar CMO Advisor and former SiriusDecisions/Forrester Research Director Jeff Clark, inspired by a Mark Ritson article in Marketing Week they discuss whether Digital Marketing is a One Hit Wonder or Wonderwall.
This week’s interview guest is Caroline Kay, a business and success coach who works with creative and service-led business owners to grow fast to make a bigger impact on the world.
Caroline has devised business development strategies for the world’s biggest brands and creative agencies. She now lives in Italy and runs her coaching business from London, York, and Rome, where Ian spoke to her.
Caroline first appeared on the podcast in July, and they catch-up on what lessons she has learned from her clients in 2020, some valuable advice for 2021, and they talk about her “Snippets of Genius” podcast.
And finally, Ian joins Robert Rose, Chief Trouble Maker at The Content Advisory, for a cocktail and a wonderful discussion about raising our thought leadership game, to not just answer the potential customer's questions, but stimulate the next ones.
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Jeff Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Mark Ritson: Want a job? Pretend you believe in ‘digital marketing’
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Caroline on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Caroline's first appearance on the podcast in July
- SAVERS The Hal Elrod 5 Minute Miracle Morning
- Robert Rose at The Content Advisory, on Twitter and LinkedIn
- The This Old Marketing Podcast
- The #FridayConcoction
- The Rockstar CMO FM previous episodes and show notes
The wonderful Piano Music is by Johnny Easton shared under a creative commons license.